[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: on: 11/03/2000 12:06:24 EST
Subject: RE: New stuff.....

Message Detail:
Thanks, Bill. I enjoyed it, too.

Eric

Friends,

Tonight, I wish to invoke the rule permitting shameless self-promotion, as I have a few things to report.

First, I am pleased to announce the release of my latest book. It's titled Under Custer's Command: The Civil War Journal of James Henry Avery. Henry Avery was a commissary sergeant in the 5th Michigan Cavalry, and his memoir may well be the finest single enlisted memoir I have ever seen. The book features a foreword by Prof. Gregory J.W. Urwin of Temple University, author of Custer Victorious, good maps by Blake Magner, and a full itinerary of the 5th Michigan. The book, to bring it on-topic, features a previously unknown and never before published account of the East Cavalry Field fight. It was published by Brassey's, Inc. of Washington, D.C., and sells for $24.95.

Second, I am pleased to announce the launch of my new web site, www.civilwarcavalry.com. The site features some historical matter on the federal cavalry in the east, a gallery of photos of all full-rank generals of cavalry in the Army of the Potomac, Army of Virginia, Army of the James, and Army of the Shenandoah. It also features my work, as well as a link to amazon.com. Please check it out.

Eric

Eric,
It was pleasure to meet you at the Muster at Gettysburg on Oct 20-22. Congratulations on the new site, I've already bookmarked it here on my PC at work and will do the same at home tonight.
Bill N-T

Message Link:

Civil War Cavalry
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:

NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword