US Civil War

Gettysburg Message Forum

[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: on: 09/28/2000 02:03:32 EDT
Subject: RE: good G-burg Restaurant needed

Message Detail:
Oops! I notice there is another "Carolyn" posting here. I'm new. I'm Carolyn H. By the way, I love this board. I'm learning so much.

Thanks!

Carolyn H.

Hi all,
I am fat so I consider myself a connisiuer of food. I have eaten at most every place there at some time or another. We have our favorites. O'Rourke's is good. I have eaten their twice and will eat there again when I go back. Its right by the Holiday inn and the older part of Gettysburg. Mama Ventura's is also good for pizza and Italian food. Lincolns diner is open 24 hours and is always packed. I like going for breakfast, and lunch and dinner. Prices are pretty good and they have wonderful bakery. They also have a Hoss's steak house. They have great steaks and is a step up from a ponderosa. The pub is good, The Dobbin house is good , I like the cellar in the dobbin house. Its more casual.. Nice atmoshere.
I like Pickett's buffet, but hubby doesn't. They have a shrimp creaole I think that is what its called that I adore. Its shrimp and tomatoes and hot sauce type thing.
and I put it over rice. Its a buffet so they have lots of things to choose from. There is also a Ryans buffet in Hanover PA which is only about 15-20 min drive from Gettysburg. Any questions feel free to email me.
Mary

View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:

NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword