US Civil War

Gettysburg Message Forum

[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: on: 08/20/2000 15:07:30 EDT
Subject: RE: meeting people at gettysburg

Message Detail:
i am kind of new to this board and the gettysburg buti was wondering if there were any of you that met and toured the battlefield. i have been ther a couple of times but never with people who new about the battle. just wondering.

steve

Hi, Steve!
Welcome! You have come to the right place for Gettysburg informaion! There are so many knowledgeable folks here that are so kind and helpful! I have been 'studing' about Gettsyburg for about ten years, and still have lots to learn.
I've been to Gettysburg about 15 times...which is not enough for me.
There are others here that have visited the battle field many, many times. And, probably who have not visited quite as often, but they KNOW the battle very well, much more than I, who can help with just about anything you want to know!
I am still learning! You can never get enough.

J.D. and others who post regularly here are planning a Gettysburg Fall Muster for October. I am sure J.D. will be able to fill you in. I know they would be glad to have you go.
Or, you can check out 'The Battle of Gettyburg Resource Center' below, that Bill N-T, J.D. and others have put together for information.
Barb

Message Link:

The Battle of Gettysburg Resource Center
View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:

NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for seperated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword